Java Engineer Flight Search
Kayak | Berlin
About the Position
We are looking for two Java backend developers to help improve and maintain KAYAK’s world
leading flight search technology. We integrate with over 200 travel partners and link to over 550
airlines. You will be an essential part of a small, high powered team that keeps all of this running
smoothly helping millions of people find the best way to fly from point A to point B every day!
Your responsibilities will include a mix of the following and more:
- integrating with partner web services to acquire flight content
- building and reverse engineering deep links to take users to partner web sites
- responding to technical inquiries from our business team regarding partner performance
- directly communicating with travel partners on technical issues related to their APIs, etc.
This position is based in our beautiful new Berlin Technology Center near Ostbahnhof in the
historic Postbahnhof. The job requires close collaboration with the US-based
engineering team in Boston, MA, which means semi annual business trips to the US for team activities. Haven’t been to Boston yet? Now is your chance!
Top developers need top hardware you will be issued a maxed out MacBook Pro Retina laptop
to achieve your mission. In addition, two large 27” monitors will surround you with code. You will
be given the best tools in the industry to practice your craft.
- You have a university degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience with a history of kicking ass.
- You are selfdriven and result oriented. You’ll jump on a task and drive it to completion.
- You are comfortable in fast paced start up culture yet value work/life balance and normal working hours.
- You have 2+ years professional development experience already under your belt.
- You are proficient in Java and major class libraries.
- You write clean code, love unit testing, and value readability over cleverness.
- You have experience with web service frameworks and API technologies (Apache CXF, JAXB, JSON, XSD) or can quickly learn about them.
- You can write a basic SQL query to answer the questions at hand.
- You are fluent in English and are a great communicator.
Come join the team at KAYAK and help us build the best travel metasearch website in the world!