Java Engineer - Search
Kayak | Berlin
We are looking for Java backend developers to help improve and maintain KAYAK’s world leading flight/hotel search technology. We integrate with over 200 travel partners and link to over 500,000 hotels and 550 airlines. You will be an essential part of a high powered team that keeps all of this running smoothly – helping millions of people find the best hotels and the best ways to fly from A to B every day!
Your responsibilities will include a mix of the following and more:
Integrating with partner web services to acquire hotel and flight content
Building and reverse engineering deep links to take users to partner web sites
Responding to technical inquiries from our business team regarding partner performance
Directly communicating with travel partners on technical issues related to their APIs, etc.
We want candidates who are serious about moving to Berlin! With cool facilities, a vibrant team culture and plenty of perks, it’s hard to think why not...
Top developers need top hardware – you will be issued a maxed out MacBook Pro Retina laptop to achieve your mission. In addition, two large 27” monitors will surround you with code. You’ll be given the best tools in the industry to practice your craft. The job requires close collaboration with the US-based engineering team in Boston, MA, which means semi annual business trips to the US.
Join the team at KAYAK and help us build the best travel metasearch website in the world!
- You have a university degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience with a history of kicking ass.
- You are self-driven and result oriented. You’ll jump on a task and drive it to completion.
- You are comfortable in fast paced start up culture yet value work/life balance and normal working hours.
- You have 3+ years professional development experience already under your belt.
- You are proficient in Java and major class libraries.
- You write clean code, love unit testing, and value readability over cleverness.
- You have experience with web service frameworks and API technologies (Apache CXF, JAXB, JSON, XSD) or can quickly learn about them.
- You can write a basic SQL query to answer the questions at hand.
- You are fluent in English and an excellent communicator.
KAYAK Software Corporation is a technology-driven company committed to making online travel better. When the cofounders of Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz started KAYAK in 2004, they didn’t just want to build another travel website – they wanted to take a better approach to finding travel online. Our websites (KAYAK.com, swoodoo.com and checkfelix.com) and mobile applications make it easy for people to research and compare accurate and relevant information from hundreds of other travel websites in one comprehensive, fast and intuitive display.
We are headquartered in Stamford, CT and have over 300 employees located in our offices in US, Switzerland, UK and Germany.
In 2013, we opened KAYAK's Berlin Technology Center. After setting out to find a home in Europe's bustling tech hub, we found the perfect space in the historic Postbahnhof building in Friedrichshain, newly renovated and engineered to meet the need of our growing development and content teams.
Come join the team at KAYAK and help us build the best travel metasearch website in the world!