Web Application Developer
KAYAK | Berlin
- Develop and support UI features on KAYAK’s global web sites.
- Implement cutting-edge travel search products in cooperation with developers in other offices.
- Work with internationalization team to localize US features.
- This position is based in our beautiful new Berlin Technology Center near Ostbahnhof in the historic Postbahnhof. The job requires close collaboration with engineering teams in Boston, USA and Kaunas, Lithuania.
- Top developers need top hardware – you will be issued a maxed out MacBook Pro Retina laptop to achieve your mission. In addition, two large 27” monitors will surround you with code
- Team player who likes to engage with colleagues. Should be able to point to complex sites he or she has worked on, and speak competently about contemporary web technologies. Need to pay attention to pixel-level details and take ownership of the user experience.
- Must be able to work effectively with a remote team and be self-motivated.
- Fluent in English, willing to travel.
- University degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years professional development experience
- Intermediate Java or similar object-oriented language
- Intermediate SQL
- Ability to debug full stack of web application
KAYAK Software Corporation is a technology-driven company committed to making online travel better. Cofounders of Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz started KAYAK in 2004, and they didn’t just want to build another travel website – they wanted to take a better approach to finding travel online.
Our websites (KAYAK.com, swoodoo.com and checkfelix.com) and mobile applications make it easy for people to research and compare accurate and relevant information from hundreds of other travel websites in one comprehensive, fast and intuitive display. Since our commercial launch in 2005, KAYAK has experienced significant growth in both revenues and profitability. We are constantly innovating, developing new tools and services that improve travel, both in big ways and small, and we expect to continue to grow aggressively over the next several years.
We are headquartered in Stamford, CT and have approximately 300 employees located in our offices in Stamford, Concord (outside of Boston), Zurich, Munich, London and Berlin.
Come join the team at KAYAK and help us build the best travel metasearch website in the world!