UX Designer TRAKTOR (F/M)
Native Instruments | Berlin
About Native Instruments:
Native Instruments is a leading manufacturer of software and hardware for computer-based music production and DJing. The company’s mission is to develop innovative, fully integrated solutions for all professions, styles and genres. The resulting products regularly push technological boundaries and open up new creative horizons for professionals and amateurs alike.
Native Instruments opened up the fascinating world of real-time sound synthesis on standard computers in 1996, and today offers an extensive product range for musicians, producers and DJs. The company currently employs around 400 people in its offices in Berlin, Los Angeles, Tokyo, London and Shenzhen to ensure its future growth and success.
Do you ever miss something when DJing? Do you daydream of your perfect controller or software? You may have just found your new home as a UX Designer at Native Instruments.
As a UX Designer for Traktor you will help us redefine modern DJing with Hardware and Software. You will develop entirely new ideas for new products or evolve current products to be more fun to use. You can call for team discussions, interview trendsetting artists, and collaborate with product managers to craft the perfect product and then carry over your vision to developers, engineers and testers to see it through fruition.
Ideally, you have at least three years’ of design or concept development experience in the MI industry and a solid understanding of the market, product landscape and user requirements. In case this would be your first venture in to full time design, or you come from another industry, but still believe you are the perfect fit, don’t hesitate and convince us!
Please include various examples of your work in your application - also feel free to show us your unfinished sketches and early stage work - we want to understand your approach to problem solving and developing concepts.
- Create concepts for software or hardware products for TRAKTOR.
- Collaborate with other designers, developers, testers and product managers to refine your concept.
- Verify your design through creating prototypes at all stages of the process.
- Document your design thoroughly and provide regular updates to team members and other relevant departments.
- Guide the development team through executing your design by answering questions, and approving implementations as your product comes to life.
- You are uber-creative. You constantly think about how to improve products and users interactions with products. You want nothing less than to develop mind blowing products that reshape DJing.
- You hone in your ideas. You value the verification of a good idea as much as the idea itself. You can create mockups of your ideas to prove them out and trigger further refinement.
- You articulate your vision. You have awesome communication skills to transfer your vision to your team members and stakeholders.
- You love DJing. You are an authority to all your friends when it comes to all the latest trends and developments in computer based DJing.
- You hit the ground running. You have lots of real world experience in designing and creating hardware or software.
- You can read the audience. While you certainly have your own point of view on a design, you can clearly design for the wide spectrum of DJ’s.