Outfittery | Berlin
OUTFITTERY is a new fashion company in the heart of the Berlin Startup-Scene, that has also been voted Startup of the year 2012. We have a clear mission: Rescue men from the torture of shopping! OUTFITTERY GmbH is Germanys biggest Personal Shopping Service.
Be part of our team as a Machine Learning Specialist and support our company on the way to even greater success.
As a member of our research team, you are responsible for the development of mathematic models for various aspects of our company, including the mathematical projection of the fashion style of our customers. Therein you support our stylists in their task to arrange perfect outfits for our customers. To accomplish such we rely on recommender systems-algorithms, which duals as an interesting current topic of research.
Beside the extension and evaluation of already existing models, you search for solutions for new and exciting classification- and regression-problems. You will also have the possibility to pursue your own ideas and goals without limit to your creativity.
As a Machine Learning Specialist you have to handle substantial loads of data. We have over 100,000 customers, over 1 million articles of clothing belonging to all major brands and we arrange over 1,000 outfits every day. Additionally, their is immense information being aggregated from other processes of our company. This means, that you have access to a vast amount of data from many different sources which through the use of statistical methods, data mining and visualization will present you with a basis to many research in a broader sense.
- You will work with large and heterogeneous datasets to find trends
- You will work with statistical programming software such as R
- You build and develop statistical models for intricate relations
- You have experience in Machine Learning and you know about current algorithms in order to compare big datasets
- You are familiar with the library and setup of Apache Mahout
- You think goal-oriented and structured
- You have successfully completed your studies in computer sciences with a focus on Machine Learning and you were one of the best students in your year of graduation
- You work structured, fast, focused on details, self-consistent and self-dependent
- You are a team player and you love to think one step ahead
- You love the challenge and to find solutions for novel problems
- An exciting workplace in a young and motivated team
- A dynamic company with short and efficient decision making processes
- Air, love, life and work in the Berlin Startup-Scene
Then send your application to email@example.com with your salary expectations and possible starting date.