Test/Quality Analyst (M/W)
ThoughtWorks | Hamburg
ThoughtWorks is synonymous with innovation. We are dedicated to the art of perfecting software delivery by keeping it lightweight, fast-moving and open-source. Our clients are people and organisations with ambitious missions - whether in the commercial, social or government sectors. They trust us to deliver the disruptive thinking and technology that empowers them to succeed. ThoughtWorks aspire to be a better business and strive to have a positive impact in the world. We are a diverse community of bright and passionate individuals. In our 20th year, over 2500 ThoughtWorkers are currently serving clients from offices across 12 countries. We are seeking passionate technologists who share our mission. We want hackers, philosophers, activists - courageous people with good hearts and creative approaches to problem-solving.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst, here’s what you can do at ThoughtWorks:
- Learn something new everyday
- Travel the world
- Speak at conferences
- Write blogs and books
- Start new offices in places you’ve never been before
- Think through hard problems, and work with a team to make them reality
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, transparent, non-hierarchal, and ego-free culture where your talent is valued over a role title
- Develop your career outside of the confinements of a traditional career path by focusing on what you’re passionate about rather than a predetermined one-size-fits-all plan
- Come up with testing strategies that meet the ever-changing requirements of our user-centric solutions and business goals
- Design, build, and test critical and complex custom-designed, multi-tier, business applications that use a wide range of current technologies
- Mentor and evangelize Agile, Lean, and Continuous Development testing best practices
- Utilize your hands-on skills while providing leadership and strategic guidance to the teams and clients
Here’s what you’ll bring:
- Commercial experience as a QA engineer/software developer with a significant focus on test automation
- Experience with all aspects of test automation: functional, performance, stress, etc.
- Experience with more than one of the leading test automation tools and frameworks, closed-tools such as QTP and open-source tools such as Sahi, Selenium, Watir/N, Fitness, and Cucumber etc.
- Experience with testing products with the following technology stacks (or equivalent): Ruby, Java, .NET, SQL, XML, web services
- Experience in testing web applications with knowledge of browsers and user-interface testing techniques
- Knowledge of software best practices like test-driven development (TDD), behavioral-driven development (BDD), and continuous integration
- Experience in mentoring and executing Agile, Lean, and Continuous Delivery best practices
- A disruptive attitude towards technology innovation
- A willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Whether that means going back to the drawing board with a problem or simply taking on different roles and responsibilities for a period of time you thrive at adapting to changing environments.
We work almost exclusively on customer site providing a mix of delivery and consulting services, so you’ll be flexible about travel, and willing to travel extensively as part of your role. Many of our consultants travel every week and travel home for weekends. We do everything we can to make life here as easy as possible and do our best to take people’s personal situations into account.
Please apply if you are interested in taking on an opportunity that offers variety, innovation, and unique challenges every day.
Viola Kerssenfischer | Recruitment | firstname.lastname@example.org